Medusa Brewing Company is always seeking hard-working, friendly, and knowledgeable individuals to become a part of our family here in Hudson. Check out what's available below and get in touch!
Taproom Beertender (Part-Time)
Flexible hours - Inquire about available schedules
Situated on Main Street in the bustling downtown of Hudson, our brewery & taproom has quickly become a destination, and is a large part of the town's ever-growing allure. We are a second home to wonderful groups of locals who we consider our dear friends, and act as hosts to many area events and activities. At the heart of the Medusa experience is our taproom. A large, warmly-decorated, 130-seat space where we offer multiple different pour sizes of our beers. The environment, while relaxed and thought-provoking for guests, can often go from a quiet afternoon of pouring beer to an all-hands-on-deck night of fast-paced pouring, friendly educating, cleaning, and serving. In other words, our team knows how to hustle, BIG TIME. The person to fill this role must be comfortable while under pressure, and be able to maintain a team-player attitude at all times.
We are a close family of fun, personable, beer-loving people, and we look out for each other. We work hard. We work VERY hard, but we also play hard. We have no room for slack, and no tolerance for bad attitudes. Respect is one of the core values at Medusa Brewing Company, and is a cornerstone in our approach to business, people, and beer.
If this sounds like your kind of gig, then please read on!
- Arrive on-time, with a good attitude, and ready to represent yourself and our company.
- Pour beer efficiently, correctly, and RESPONSIBLY.
- Fill, cap, and handle growlers efficiently and with care while always following safety directions for operating our filling equipment.
- Provide customers with a full-circle experience that includes basic explanation of the brewing process, knowledge of beer styles, and helpful descriptions of our offerings.
- Manage customer checks and tabs, and process cash and credit card payments accurately and effiently.
- Assist customers in their selections by determining their preferences, and then providing guidance and education on our offerings.
- Maintain ownership of assigned area(s) of our taproom, and ensure cleanliness, presentation, and that service is always maintained.
- Ensure empty glassware is bussed as soon as possible, washed, dried, and racked back into bar storage.
- Must have bartending and/or serving experience in a fast-paced bar, taproom, or restaurant environment.
- Must be organized, punctual, and able to maintain ownership of assigned hours.
- Present excellent communication skills through conversation, telephone, email, and text.
- Must present a general understanding of the current craft beer consumer base, industry trends, and have knowledge of craft beer history.
- Must demonstrate an ability to identify beer through examination and tasting and have an overall refined pallet for beer.
- Must show a willingness to learn our products, history, and philosophy on beer.
- Must be able to work long hours on one’s feet, and with near-constant motion.
- Able to carry beer on serving trays up to 25lbs while moving quickly.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, and push up to 150 lbs.
- The ability to work through high-pressure scenarios while multi-tasking and providing support to co-workers.
- Must be willing to travel, sometimes overnight, to beer festivals and industry events.
- Must have a flexible schedule and a willingness to step up and fill in open positions as required.
- Must be available to work on certain holidays.
- Highly-competetive wages
- Merchandise allowance
- Beer allowance
- Earned sick time
- Time-off as needed, and within reason
- Company Events
- Annual Bonus
TIMEFRAME AND SCHEDULE
- This position is available immediately
- Regular starting hours are Tuesday (6pm-11pm), Friday (5pm-11pm), and Saturday (4pm-11pm) for a total of approximately 18 hours.
- This position will require additonal hours on Memorial Day weekend.
OK, SO HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for our Taproom position, please send an introductory email and resume to email@example.com. Please include references, contact information, and a subject line that reads: "Taproom Position". Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Sully, Keith, Tom